Search This Blog

Thursday 26 September 2019

Gaslight

I'm a poet and I've written several poems about this current journey.  Here's one referencing an old movie.


GASLIGHT (1944)

The paranoia hits within five minutes -
what if you’re just Gaslighting me?


And for one brief moment
     in the high

            I dream you’re faking it -

fantasy flowering from old film
with Charles Boyer – the wicked
husband searching for lost jewels,
driving Ingrid Bergman crazy as
she hears what he tells her cannot be
and watches lights that untouched
glow and dim –
           glow and dim.
                       
And I see your light though untouched
glow and dim --
           glow and dim
and hope just for a moment
that I’m the one who’s
going crazy
                      when your private
world and mine do not align.

Sadly, my mind is sound –
                      (yours not so much).

and thankfully we never lost our jewels.

They glisten in the eyes of love
we still in our shared folly
cast upon each other every day.


(c) Kake Huck 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment