Search This Blog

Monday 12 July 2021

FUCK GRIEF IN THE ASS

https://www.fireengineering.com/commentary/drawn-by-fire-gallows-humor/#gref
Our beloved dog and my co-carer Birdy couldn't stand up the last Saturday of June and I wound up having to put her down.  A week of knee shaking, nausea-producing grief ensued until I got her ashes and streamed a live service for her on Facebook.

Last week Will was down to 125 pounds.  This morning he was wandery and as always in the morning, partially there and partially not.  He has been incontinent in bed a couple of times and that's new for him, having a really big piss in the bed and not being able to get to the bathroom.  Also some fecal incontinence.  He's very thin and wobbly and still saying that he is okay and refusing to use his walker.

Last week, as I told my friends Bill and Dave, I just decided to "fuck grief in the ass" and see friends and  not hurt so much.  I'm trying to hold onto that -- trying to hold onto my dark humor.

Thank God, literally, that our church opened back up for in person 8:00 am services on July 4th.




1 comment: