Search This Blog

Saturday 17 July 2021

New Stage

 We're getting closer to the end.

He's now 124 lbs.  His eating is down to hard candy and juice.  He will take a bite of a cookie or popcorn, two former favorites, and then leave the rest.

Hospice Nurse Karen came on Thursday and said that we're in a new stage.  She told me about her plan - that as he gets closer to moving out of this world into the next, she will up her visits to twice a week and then the last week will be with me every day.

I would prefer that he just drop dead in his tracks rather than face the long, slow, death by starvation, but I'm ready for whatever happens.

I am strong, I am invincible, I am a non-bionary person (of a certain age hold that note.....!)

So.  Keeping ahold of my sense of humor and doing some yardwork today as it will only be up to 88 degrees today.

Leaving you with a cooling sea shanty.


 

1 comment: