Search This Blog

Thursday 9 December 2021

Bath

 

Rubber ducky, you're not the one. 








 
He barely tolerated a bed bath yesterday.  He started yelling at the CNA to "Go away!" and she tried to sooth him but at that moment, I was the only one who could.  So I went into the bedroom to the head of the bed and told him that he was sick and that he didn't want to go to the hospital, did he?  So he was going to need to tolerate having himself cleaned up. He never took off his nightie but she was able to get all the old shit off his private parts.  I kept telling him I loved him and that he was sick and I used the ugly threat of the hospital to help him "be brave" about being touched by a stranger.

But it's done.  She'll be coming once a week for the duration.  The last time he got into the bathtub, months ago, he couldn't get out by himself.  I stepped into the tub behind him and put my arms under his armpits. He also pushed with his arms and I finally got him up, showered, and out.  Since then I've tried to clean him after the shitcidents but I haven't always been completely successful.  

Will has always been very private about self care.


No comments:

Post a Comment