Search This Blog

Friday 22 November 2019

Off to the Opthamologist

Still from L'Age d'Or
Well, I'm not looking forward to taking him to the ophthamologist today.  I told him we had an appointment and reminded him that he said he wanted to see out of his right eye and he immediately said, "I don't want surgery."  As a former film teacher he probably thinks of it as the scene from Luis Bunuel's L'Age d'Or (1930). 

I called them yesterday and warned them that he won't want to be there and that he doesn't like doctors (except for Dr. Thakur, his concierge physician).  I also told them I'm his Power of Attorney.  I've filled out all the "new patient papers" myself and signed for him.  I'll need to take the POA in along with those papers.

I am not looking forward to this appointment.  I don't want him to be afraid.  Today is just the examination.  His doctor is recommending that he have the surgery because he's extremely hard of hearing and right now he's blind in one eye and very cut off and it will make his life better to have the surgery.  But if he doesn't want to go somewhere there's absolutely no way I can push him out the door.  So we'll see what happens.

I've been sad much of this week and my tinnitus has been more annoying.  The acupuncture didn't work for me so I'll be trying some online activities next (head thumping) and also trying to manage my chi deficiency with herbs.  As Roseanne Roseannadanna used to say, "It's always something.  If it ain't one thing, it's another."

No comments:

Post a Comment