Search This Blog

Monday 15 March 2021

What's Happening These Days

 Well, a couple of weeks ago I thought he was at death's door, that the Reaper would appear at any moment complaining about the way Americans talk.

But this last week, he was awake more, sitting up and looking out the window.  I'm not sure why there has been this difference.  He can still dress and feed himself, can still speak familiar complete sentences.  He actually washed the dishes again and put them away.  So somehow his brain has rewired itself again.  This is the crazy crash/revive journey of vascular dementia.  But he's losing track of his body...more peeing in his pants (though I still haven't had to change the latest sheets -- we'll see today).

I ask him how he is and usually he says something about his sniffles or  his dripping eyes.  When I put eyedrops in (with his permission) he flinches.  Sometimes the pain in his sitter returns (he fell three weeks ago, perhaps accounting for the downturn). 

He seems content.  Last week he knew me.  I don't know how it will be today.  He's still eating relatively little.

No comments:

Post a Comment